August is Breastfeeding Awareness Month!
Here are some facts about breastfeeding you may have not known:
- Depending on the gender of your baby, there are variations in the composition of the mother’s breast milk. There tends to be more calories in the breast milk of boy moms. 💕
- As your baby gets older, the composition of the breast milk changes. This happens all the way up until 2 years of age. 🐥
- Breastfed babies have on average lower rates of diabetes in their adult years.
- There are 11 different positions to hold your baby in during breastfeeding, so if one doesn’t work we have 10 more to try! 👋
- The volume and calories in the mother’s breast milk increase in the night hours. 😴